Ensures quality service levels of customer service. Provides advanced support for the members of the Managed Services, Service Desk, and NOC teams. Upholds the core values and professionalism set forth by Cyber Advisors Inc.
- • Develop, identify, and document detailed technical processes and procedures in our Knowledge Base.
- • Address technical issues by discovering the root cause and working towards permanent resolutions.
- • Document and maintain a detailed history of service tickets.
- • Respond to and resolve/escalate tickets escalated to the NOC from other departments.
- • Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- • Monitor and triage backup, network, anti-virus, and other alerts as they are generated throughout the day.
- • Be attentive to recurring problems or patterns of problems and notify the team.
- • Complete other duties as assigned.
- • Identify and recommend system enhancements that can be automated or improved to save time and improve service quality.
- • Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in a written and oral format.
- • Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other Cyber Advisors employees and customers.
- • Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computers, networks, software, and hardware.
- • Occasional evening and/or weekend work for both scheduled and on-call activities is required.
Examples of Work Performed
- • Receive escalated technical support calls via telephone and email
- • Maintain client accounts with special attention to completing monthly reporting
- • Balance daily workload, monitor consoles, and work on escalated tickets
- • Coordinate the installation, configuration, administration, documentation, maintenance, and issue resolution of business systems and services
- • Install new software releases and system upgrades
- • Create status reports
- • Resolve software and hardware related problems
- • Install, support, and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- • Patch servers and workstations manually as well as with automated tools
- • Perform on-site dispatches at client sites when necessary
The Cyber Advisors Managed Services NOC Engineer is not an entry-level position and will require a combination of skills and experience for consideration
- • Associate or Bachelor's degree in IT or related technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering) and/or 3-5 years IT experience.
- • Associate or intermediate level technical certification(s).
- • Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- • Ability to learn quickly, work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- • Excellent customer service, communication, and troubleshooting skills – phone skills are integral to this position.
- • Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- • Aptitude for creative and alternate solutions.
- • Strong team player.
- • Excellent technical judgment and common sense.
- • Strong desire to learn, demonstrating independent initiative in seeking new knowledge.
- • Trustworthy and dependable.
- • ISP Flow/Outage Fundamentals
- • Data Backup and Restore Fundamentals - Veeam, Datto, and Acronis preferred
- • Security: identifying and resolving malicious software issues
- • Internetworking knowledge of WANs, LANs, VPNs, network management, routers, switches, and firewalls is a plus – Fortigate, Sonicwall, Watchguard preferred.
- • System knowledge of the following technologies: Windows 2008-2019 Servers, MS Exchange, MS SQL, Active Directory, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS.
- • Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend solutions
- • Maintain internal documentation and keep it up to date
- • Exceed customer expectations of service and know-how daily